With a big "thank you" to our supporters, our campaign for Washington County Commission is turning a big, exciting corner this weekend as we get ready for a supercharged October. The Lake Powell Pipeline trek enjoyed local newspaper, TV and radio coverage, bringing fun and positive attention to our campaign for more open and citizen-informed decision making. Check the blog at www.WinWithLin.org for news links. We now have some great opportunities to win votes face-to-face and we need your help!
Here's a quick list of what you can do (details follow):
* Help pass out flyers at the Swiss Days Parade/festival, St. George Book Festival and/or St. George Go Green Festival
* Learn "How and Who" to talk to in your neighborhood to win votes for Lin on Monday, Sept. 30th between 5:30 and 7 p.m.
* Write a letter to the editor
* Put a lawn sign in your yard
* Bring friends & family to any of 32 scheduled campaign events (including debates)
* Contribute donations to the art auction on Oct. 4th
* Visit with voters in your neighborhood by phone or knocking on their door
* Help us raise the $12,000 we need by Oct. 6th to cover the costs of newspaper, TV, radio, magazine and canvassing expenses--and ask your friends/family to help too!
* Help pass out flyers at the Swiss Days parade/festival
One of southwest Utah's best home town parades happens tomorrow (Saturday) in Santa Clara and you can help Lin's campaign make a positive impression there. Meet at 9 a.m. at the west end of Santa Clara's Main Street. The road will be closed beginning at 6:30 a.m. so you'll need to use the Pioneer Parkway route. Bring your walking shoes and a WinWithLin t-shirt if you have one. Campaign professionals say we're 70% more likely to win over a voter if they receive information face-to-face!
* Help pass out flyers at the St. George Book Festival and/or St. George Go Green Festival
Lin will arrive at the Book Festival (at Town Square on Main Street) at noon tomorrow and would love to "work the crowd" with your help. At 1:30, Lin will travel to Vernon Worthen Park (300 South 400 East) to meet people at the Go Green Festival. You're welcome to help earlier if it is more convenient for your schedule. Please reply to this email or call 435.632.8433 if you're able to help.
* Learn "How and Who" to talk to in your neighborhood
Modern technology has allowed our campaign to identify which of your neighbors are likely to vote for Lin if you talk to them at their door or on the phone. You can learn more by spending a few minutes on Sept. 30th between 5:30 and 7 p.m. We'll supply the brochures and contact lists. You can take democracy into your own hands and make a difference! If Sept. 30th doesn't work for you but you want to help, reply to this email and we'll make arrangements.
* Write a letter to the editor
This simple and high-profile way is a great way to nudge voters in our direction, especially since it comes from your own voice and experience with the candidate. Be Positive and tell readers why you're voting for Lin. Lin is positive by nature and believes any negativity will harm his campaign. Letters must be 200 words or less and should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (for The Spectrum) and/or editor@HVJournal.com (for the Hurricane Valley Journal).
* Put a lawn sign in your yard
You can pick up a sign at our campaign office on the 2nd floor of Ancestor Square on Monday, September 29th from 5 to 7 p.m. If you'd like to arrange another pick up time, reply to this email and we'll make arrangements.
* Bring friends & family to any of the 32 (!) scheduled campaign events
Check out our exciting events calendar at www.WinWithLin.org (click on Events). Some of the highlights include:
1. Campaign Countdown Party, Art Auction & Pipeline Trek slideshow, Kayenta Theatre (Coyote Gulch Art Village), 4 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 4th (free and open to the public)
2. Meet the Candidates Forum sponsored by the Washington County Board of Realtors and the Southern Utah Homebuilders Association, Dixie State College Gardner Center Ballroom, Oct. 7th, 11:45 a.m. (luncheon fee is required)
3. Meet the Candidates Forum sponsored by Sky Mountain residents, Sky Mountain clubhouse, 7 p.m., Oct. 7th (free and open to the public)
4. Community Meet & Greet, St. George Library (basement community room), 4 p.m. Oct. 8th (free and open to the public)
5. Dixie State College Homecoming Parade, Oct. 11th (details to follow)
6. 890 KDXU Mike McGary radio call-in show, 9 a.m. Oct. 14th
7. Community Meet & Greet, St. George Library (basement community room), 4 p.m. Oct. 14th (free and open to the public)
8. Meet the Candidates Forum at the Coral Canyon Elementary School, 7 p.m., Oct. 15th (free and open to the public)
9. Meet the Candidates Forum, Hurricane Chamber of Commerce, noon, Oct. 16th, Dixie State College Hurricane campus (luncheon fee required)
Be sure to check the calendar before attending events--we sometimes must make changes to accommodate many schedules and venues.
* Contribute donations to the art auction on Oct. 4th in Kayenta
The good folks of Kayenta are putting together a great art & outdoors event to mark the last 30 days of the campaign. Proceeds from donated art items will help our campaign raise the $12,000 we need to cover advertisement expenses before November 4th. To donate, call Julie Peacock at 673.6933. Thanks!
* Help us raise the $12,000 we need by Oct. 6th
It may sound outlandish, but based on what we've already spent to make this campaign happen so far, we know that we will need at least $12,000 more to cover the costs of newspaper, TV, radio, magazine and canvassing expenses. We're convinced that the outreach plan we've developed can influence the number of "old timers" and "newcomers" needed to succeed. But we can't do it without money. Please add your contribution to the Donate link at www.WinWithLin.org. If you've already donated, we are deeply grateful for your generosity and invite you to add another contribution to this crucial outreach effort. You can extend your contribution by challenging your friends and family to match your donation too!
Thanks for all you do to Win With Lin!
The Committee to Elect Lin Alder